We recently published HauntPay’s Third Annual Haunt Industry Report, and we’re excited to share some of the thrilling insights haunters share in the 2023 survey.
What is the Haunt Industry Report?
We created HauntPay’s annual Haunt Industry Report because we saw a need for more up-to-date data about what’s happening in our community. One of our team members was trying to do some research on the state of the haunt industry, and realized that there isn’t a reliable source of recent research about the Haunt Industry.
So, we decided to make one ourselves! HauntPay has been your source for scary simple ticketing & payments for the past nine years. One of our biggest goals has always been to help others in the Haunt Industry grow their businesses. That starts with understanding the opportunities, threats, and trends that haunters face.
What’s in the 2023 Report?
Thanks to all of you, there were TONS of insights into the current state of our industry in the 2023 Haunt Industry Report. You can download the entire report FREE by clicking the button below. But if you’re in a hurry, here are a few facts from last year’s report:
- The number of people visiting haunted attractions is growing. In 2022, the majority of haunts said they had between 1,000-5,000 visitors. But this year, a growing number expect to see between 5,000-10,000 guests.
- Guests spend significantly more when purchasing online vs. in person. In 2022, haunt visitors spent 61 percent more when making a purchase online than they did when buying in person.
- Haunt owners said staffing is their biggest challenge. This was followed closely by two other BIG issues haunters will face over the coming year.
A few more answers you’ll find:
- How do haunts charge for entry? (all-inclusive admission or pay-per-attraction)
- How much are they charging for admission?
- What percentage of haunts have eliminated on-site sales and gone online-only?
- How many haunts are hosting events during the off season?
We’d be happy to answer any questions you have about the report! Send us an email at email@example.com.
We hope you have a scary good Haunt Season!